Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sudhiramin sudhiramin is offline

Default Recording time when a cell is copied in excel

Hi Bernie,

Thanks a lot. this is exactly what i needed and it works just fine.

Thanks For your help and have a wonderful day.

Regards
Sudhir

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

My bad - I missed the part about "Corresponding to the row" and thought that you only wanted B1.

The code below will not be restricted to Ctrl-C - it will work with any style copying.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Public BSelected As Boolean
Public SelAdd As String
Dim myCell As Range
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:B")) Is Nothing Then
BSelected = True
SelAdd = Target.Address
Exit Sub
End If
If BSelected And (Target.Address < SelAdd) And (Application.CutCopyMode = xlCopy) Then
BSelected = False
Application.EnableEvents = False
For Each myCell In Intersect(Range("B:B"), Range(SelAdd)).Cells
myCell.Offset(0, -1).Value = myCell.Address(False, False) & " was last copied on " _
& Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy at hh:mm:ss")
Next myCell
Application.EnableEvents = True

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
Sudhir,

Copy the code below, right-click the sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code into the
window that appears.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Public B1Selected As Boolean

If Target.Address = "$B$1" Then
B1Selected = True
Exit Sub
End If
If B1Selected And (Target.Address < "$B$1") And (Application.CutCopyMode = xlCopy) Then
B1Selected = False
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("A1").Value = "B1 was last copied on " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy at hh:mm:ss")
Application.EnableEvents = True

"sudhiramin" wrote in message
How do i record time in a cell (A1) when data which is present in another
cell (B1) is copied.
I am trying to create a sheet, when we use the shortcut key to copy (Ctrl +
c) the time is automaticallly in the column corresponding to the row.
Regards
Sudhir