Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Is it possible to create a VLOOKUP formula based on an ActiveX con

Really need a little more information in the way of actual values and what
the selection of the option button is supposed to tell you to answer your
question properly. However, as a couple of pointers:-

Assume that cell A2 is linked to one of the buttons so that you get True or
False. In cell C2 you might put something like this:-

=IF(A2=TRUE,"Oranges","")

In cell D2 you might put a Vlookup based on the value of C2 something like
this:-

=IF(C2<"",VLOOKUP(C2,$K$2:$L$18,2,FALSE),"")

and if you wanted, you could nest those 2 formulas into one cell something
like this:-

=IF(IF(A2=TRUE,"Oranges","")<"",VLOOKUP(IF(A2=TRU E,"Oranges",""),$K$2:$L$18,2,FALSE),"")

If the above doesn't help then see if you can provide some more information
in the form of an example of the data.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Srisuephanh" wrote:

I have created two option buttons. Depending on the answer the user selects,
I would like another cell to automatically update with a number. I know you
can do a VLOOKUP to do this when using tables and pages of data, but i am
unsure if i am able to do create this based on an activeX control.