Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
scott scott is offline

Default merge axis title with legend

I often have multiple vertical axis' in my charts, and I need to have a way
to split the functionality of a legend with the axis title. This way the
reader will be able to see color coordination of corresponding columns next
to the axis. Have both a legend and the axis titles takes up too much space.
Additionally, please do not suggest inserting a shape and fill it with the
corresponding color. If you have ever copied a graph from excel into
powerpoint or word you will know that the little "insert autoshape" does not
remain where I originally put it.