Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Format a New View?

Add the following code to the worksheet module of your choice and assign it
to the worksheets SelectionChange event. However, this will slow things down
a bit as you move about the worksheet.

Dim lngRow As Long
Dim intCol As Integer

lngRow = Target.Row
intCol = Target.Column

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveSheet.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

Range(Cells(lngRow, 1), Cells(lngRow, 256)). _
Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Range(Cells(1, intCol), Cells(65536, intCol)). _
Interior.ColorIndex = 3

Kevin Backmann

"Jayne Mae" wrote:

Is there any way to create a custom view that would highlight the entire
column and row with the color of my choice when a single cell is selected?
This would sure help my eyes when working on large spreadsheets. I currently
use the freeze panes function but would like this addition as well. Any help
would be greatly appreciated