Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Count if not a number

Slightly shorter:

=SUM(COUNT(AI7:AT7),--ISBLANK(AI7:AT7))=SUM(COUNTA(AI7:AT7),--ISBLANK(AI7:AT7))

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
=COUNT(AI7:AT7)+SUM(ISBLANK(AI7:AT7))=COUNTA(AI7:A T7)+SUM(ISBLANK(AI7:AT7))

Agan TRUE or FALSE. If you want something else then use it as the test of
an IF() formula.
--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"D" wrote in message
That is almost what I want, but I need it to treat the blanks the same as
it
treats a space or a coma

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Does;

=COUNT(AI7:AT7)=COUNTA(AI7:AT7)

which will return TRUE or FALSE doe what you want?
--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"D" wrote in message
I have a range of cells AI7:AT7 and I need a count to see if users made
an
error by entering a blank, a space, a period ect. Where numbers should
have
been enterd. I have tried several count variations and could not come
up
with
any thing.