Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Converting date/time serial values to cumulative time totals..

Thanks, but unfortunately what is really minutes and seconds is treated as
hours:minutes:seconds and displayed as 939:53:00, instead of 939:53.

What I'm looking for is way to convert my displayed value to a string,
identical to the displayed value, I can lop off the :00 with left()/len()
function combo if 2 colons are found in the string.
--
Kevin Backmann

"hmm" wrote:

Use a custom number format, enclosing minutes in square brackets, like this:

[m]:ss

"Kevin B" wrote:

I have 2 years worth of cumulative phone usage time totals in an Excel
workbook that are submitted by our phone service provider. The phone usage
columns are cumulative minutes and seconds by day (mm:ss) and some have been
entered as string formulas: ="1655:33"

However, many time totals have been converted to a date/time serial number,
so I have a displayed value of 939:53:00, that is actually 2/8/1900 3:53:00
AM. What I need is the string equivalent of the displayed value and not the
date/time serial number. Ive tried a number of VB conversion UDFs and I
can only successfully convert the values that do not exceed 23:59. At the
moment Im stumped.

Thanks ahead of time...

Kevin Backmann