Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lilo lilo is offline

Default Calculating cells

Yes you can turn this off, it's easy.

Go to Tools then Options.

Then click on the Calculation tab.

The first thing under calculation is how you want it to calculate -
automatically, automatically except for tables, and manually. Select manual
then click OK.

When you're ready to recalculate your sheet, press the F9 button and this
will do it for you. But don't forget that you've got it turned on!

I think this is a global setting so you need to remember when you open
another spreadsheet that it won't automatically recalculate. But it only
takes a second to press the F9 button.

Hope this helps!

"Gor_yee" wrote:

I got heaps of data in a spreadsheet, about 30000 lines with formulas
and VLookups...my question is, when ever i make some adjustments to
the cell, it starts calculating and it takes so long...is there a way
for me to turn this function off???Thanks all