Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
oasalako1 oasalako1 is offline

Default How to specify a static cell reference

Hi,

Always Use $A$1 to permernently refer to Cell A1 and any other cell.

olu

"PRW" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to create a worksheet that calculates the compounding
effect of a specified percentage increase on a given starting figure
i.e. starting with 100 and increasing it in steps by 10% each time.

How do I copy the formula I've created whilst stopping Excel from
automatically changing the reference of the cell containing the
percentage I want to use? I want every formula to refer to cell I4
which contains the percentage I'm using instead of changing it to I5,
I6, I7 etc

To put it another way, how do I tell Excel that one cell referenced in
the formula is not to change whilst the others are?

I hope that makes sense....it's a simple problem but a difficult one
to put into words.

Many thanks

Paul