Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
I think I need to rephrase the question I think I need to rephrase the question is offline

Default Help on visible data

When I type data into a cell, I would like anything that is typed in
brackets () to be excluded when referenced by another cell. The data in the
original cell would be variable and may or may not include brackets

ie A1 = I would like (to exclude the data in brackets) when referenced in
cell A2
A2 = I would like when referenced in cell A2

The following formula provided by T.Valko helped immensely

=LEFT(A1,FIND("(",A1)-2)&MID(A1,FIND(")",A1)+1,255)

However, it assumes that there is always a set of ( ) in the referenced
cell. If there are no brackets, I would still like the referrenced cell to
show all the data. At present it returns a Value error.

Any help would be appreciated