Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DAS DAS is offline

Default Average not including Zeros/Blanks

That worked great. Thanks JE, also for identifying the whole "bracket"
mix-up. I hate to be a bother, but could you explain how the formula works?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Well, no, it won't.

First, the ranges need to be the same size.

Second, it won't remove the cells the OP wants it to.

This should work:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(F3:F37),8)<2), --(F3:F37<0),F3:F37)/
SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(F3:F37),8)<2), --(F3:F37<0))

In article ,
"Don Guillett" wrote:

The ARRAY formula presented should work IF you array enter it using
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"DaS" wrote in message
I am using the following formula for an average function, but it doesn't
quite do what I need it to do.

=AVERAGE(IF(F3:F38<0,F3:F37))

There are cells in this that I need to omit from the average, because they
are a subtotaled average for the week. I need to somehow remove F10, F18,
F26, F34, and F38 while the formula still calculates the average for the
cells that have information in them, omitting the blank cells. I did some
looking around on the forum (that's where I got the above formula) and
didn't
find anything that would fit. Thanks.