Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Average not including Zeros/Blanks

You do NOT type in the brackets. You enter the formula using cse
Show your layout or send me a file to the address below along with copies of
these posts snipped onto a sheet and full details of what you desire.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"DaS" wrote in message
My apoligies...I forgot to type in the brackets. It is entered as an
array,
but the problem is that the "subtotaled" cells for the week, that average
the
week ahead, are being included into the overall picture. I need those
cells
removed from the equation.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

The ARRAY formula presented should work IF you array enter it using
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"DaS" wrote in message
I am using the following formula for an average function, but it doesn't
quite do what I need it to do.

=AVERAGE(IF(F3:F38<0,F3:F37))

There are cells in this that I need to omit from the average, because
they
are a subtotaled average for the week. I need to somehow remove F10,
F18,
F26, F34, and F38 while the formula still calculates the average for
the
cells that have information in them, omitting the blank cells. I did
some
looking around on the forum (that's where I got the above formula) and
didn't
find anything that would fit. Thanks.