Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I exit a cells edit mode?

Add the Cancel = True line as shown

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As _
Boolean)
If ActiveCell = "û" Or Len(ActiveCell) = 0 Then
ActiveCell.Font.Name = "Wingdings"
ActiveCell.Font.Size = "14"
ActiveCell.Font.ColorIndex = 50
ActiveCell = "ü"
Else
If ActiveCell = "ü" Then
ActiveCell.Font.Name = "Wingdings"
ActiveCell.Font.Size = "14"
ActiveCell.Font.Color = vbRed
ActiveCell = "û"
Cancel = True 'add this line
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:47:01 -0700, Adam Thwaites
wrote:

If you select a cell and press F2, or double click it, the cell will go into
edit mode. I am using the following code to insert ticks and crosses in blank
cells:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
If ActiveCell = "û" Or Len(ActiveCell) = 0 Then
ActiveCell.Font.Name = "Wingdings"
ActiveCell.Font.Size = "14"
ActiveCell.Font.ColorIndex = 50
ActiveCell = "ü"
Else
If ActiveCell = "ü" Then
ActiveCell.Font.Name = "Wingdings"
ActiveCell.Font.Size = "14"
ActiveCell.Font.Color = vbRed
ActiveCell = "û"

After this code has run the cell goes into edit mode, and as the code runs
'BeforeDoubleClick' I can't get out of edit mode in the code. Any ideas?