Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nevada1 Nevada1 is offline

Default Locking formula but delete cell information

By "Access", I mean routinely plunking data into a cell that ALSO has a
formula.

I'm starting to get the message that a cell that gets data dropped into it
must REFERANCE another cell that has the formula to get a result. Am I on the
right trak here?? One cell, one function...

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You can lock the cell so's users cannot overwrite it using sheet protection.

But what do you mean by having access to the cell?

Can't have both options.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:50:01 -0700, Nevada1
wrote:

I need to be able to delete a number from a cell that ALSO has a formula or
function.
I searched but didn't find what I need. This is the drill...
1.) Example: =IF(B10=127,"$16.00","")
2.) Someone ACCIDENTLY enters XX into the cell
3.) UGHH. They hit delete
4.) =IF(B10=127,"$16.00","") goes BYE, BYE!!

How do I LOCK the formula, but have access to the SAME cell.