Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brettjg Brettjg is offline

Default Movinf files to recycle bin

Thankyou Steve, I'll have a play with it. Regards, Brett

"Steve Yandl" wrote:

Here is a vbs file I wrote to send files to the recycle bin rather than
simply delete them. It's pretty easy to adapt to VBA

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr.../cscfi087.mspx

Steve Yandl

"Brettjg" wrote in message
Hello, I want to achieve a few things with this code (below), but of
course
it doesn't work. I did suspect it wouldn't be long before I posted a
question!

If I take out the "If" and "For" it DOES delete the file, but I want it to
go to the Recycle Bin, and deleteFile seems to kill it completely.

Next, I want to loop through the client's folder and only delete certain
filenames (hence the if and For). When I have this part right I'll
probably
wrap it in a Do loop to cycle through the various filenames. In the
meantime
could some please help with the Recycle Bin, If and For part?

Regards, Brett

Sub aaDELETE_FILES_FROM_FOLDER()
surname = "surname"
initial = "I"
clientfolder = "C:\1. ACTIVE CLIENTS\" & surname & ", " & initial
clientfile = clientfolder & "\" & "2. NSC " & surname & ".xls"
Set fso = CreateObject("scripting.FileSystemObject")
For Each file In clientfolder.Files
If file.Path = clientfolder & "\" & "2. NSC " & surname & ".xls" Then
fso.deleteFile clientfile
On Error GoTo 0
End If
Next file