Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sasa Stankovic Sasa Stankovic is offline

Default Unwanted dash

or switch from accounting to currency

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
I assume that your cells are formatted as Accounting and the dashes
indicate a zero. If so try:

=IF(SUM(your range)=0,"",Sum(your range))

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Remo Shiva" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi

sorry if this has been posted before, i didnt know what to search for.

I am sorting out my company invoice, in the sub total column i have for
example "=E24*F24" and so on, then at the bottom I have another sum
adding those up to give me the overall total.

My problem is in the subtotal column, every cell where I have that divide
sum, a dash is shown as default until the sum is used then I get the
amount of the divide.

can I get rid of the dashes? I dont want a column of dashes (-) in the
subtotal, I want them all blank.

Thanks very much in advance for any help
RS