Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Default Date Formula

maybe
=if(month(a1)5,date(year(A1)+1,6,1),date(year(A1) ,6,1))
You can change the 5 depending on your criteria as to when the next one will
be next year.

"Karen" wrote:

I posted a question on this board last week and BJ gave me a date formula
that helped me out with a problem I was having. I need to know how to alter
the formula for a different scenario.

BJ gave me the formula: =DATE(YEAR(A1),CEILING(MONTH(A1),3)+1,1)
I need to alter it to suit the following scenario. I thought that I could
just change the 3 to a 6 for a six month interval and its not working.

HELP

Scenario:
I can't seem to figure out how to set up the cell formulas when I want other
maintenance intervals to be scheduled in particular months, no matter when
the previous maintenance was performed. For instance, annual maintenance
should occur once a year (every 12 months, ideally); and it also should stay
consistent. So, for example, how do I go about writing the formula if I want
to ensure that the €œNext Annual Due" date is always in the month of June,
even if the previous maintenance was performed very late (say, January of the
same year)?

Original Posting
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xp=&sloc=en-us