Jamie Collins

Flora Tzeng wrote:
Until now, I have always used MSQuery to create queries with

parameters, and
then embedded the query into an Excel spreadsheet. This would allow

me to
anchor my parameters to certain cells on the spreadsheet.

Now I have created a very complex query, specifically a query that

uses a
subquery as its SELECT FROM. When I try to set up my parameters in

MSQuery
for this query... it says "parameters are not allowed in queries that

can't
be displayed graphically."

Create a VIEW on the database server containing the SQL. Modify your
Excel app to query the VIEW rather than the base tables.

Jamie.