Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael M Michael M is offline

Default Locking formula but delete cell information

To protect the cell from users putting info in,highlight all cells that you
want to protect and then goto
Format / Cells/ Protection and check the locked box.

Now the usr can't input into those cells, but the formula still works.

HTH
Michael M

"Nevada1" wrote:

I need to be able to delete a number from a cell that ALSO has a formula or
function.
I searched but didn't find what I need. This is the drill...
1.) Example: =IF(B10=127,"$16.00","")
2.) Someone ACCIDENTLY enters XX into the cell
3.) UGHH. They hit delete
4.) =IF(B10=127,"$16.00","") goes BYE, BYE!!

How do I LOCK the formula, but have access to the SAME cell.