Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Deleting numerical values within a cell

Are your numbers always surrounded by commas like you showed? Can there be
more than one number in your text?

Rick

"thd3" wrote in message
Yes (ideally without the double commas).

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

I need more information.....

Are you saying that one cell contains this kind of text?:
xxxxxxxxx, 131414265, xxxxxxxx

and you want to adjust it to contain (all in the same cell):
xxxxxxxxx, , xxxxxxxx

or is your situation different?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"thd3" wrote in message
Ron - it looks like it should work but I keep getting "no cells
found" -
The
cells I am looking for look like xxxxxxxxx, 131414265, xxxxxxxx - I
want
simply delete the numbers. thanks

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Select the range of cells to be impacted
Press the [F5] key........a shortcut for <edit<go to
Click [Special]
Select: Formulas.....Uncheck: Text
Click [OK]

That will select all of the numeric values (and errors)
Press the [Delete] key to erase the contents of the selected cells

Is that something you can work with?

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"thd3" wrote in message
I have a column with numbers and text - I want to delete all
numerical
values
and leave the text intact. Any help would be greatly appreciated.