Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
z z is offline

Default How can I set a column equate a product of two columns?

Thanks. But I still feel it is too much work to do as I have to copy and
past and modify each line when I input data.
What I expected is just set the formula for the column, so every time I fill
number to column A and B. I can get results in C automatically. Is this
possible?

"OssieMac" wrote in message
In cell C1 (Or whatever cell is the first data cell if you have column
headers etc) enter the following:-

=A1*B1

or if in cell C2 then:-

=A2*B2

Copy formula to bottom

Regards,

OssieMac

"z" wrote:

How can I set a column equate a product of two columns?
For example, I need put the product of column A and B to column C, So
that
when I input numbers to A and B, I can get their product in column C (
C=A*B)
thanks!