Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
theredspecial theredspecial is offline

Default Customising Gantt Chart

Thanks: it was just what I needed - have been able to create the chart I want
with my own data...

I'll asking a co-worker to turn it into a macro, 'cause we'll be using way
more

"Andy Pope" wrote:

The example chart has 3 stacked elements with the first series having no
fill or border to give the other 2 series the impression of floating.
With values that go negative the bars a based from the zero base line going
left rather than left from the end of the previous series.

This means you will need more complicated formula to 'pad' the series.
Jon also has a page on stacks crossing the zero boundary.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...eAndBelow.html

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"theredspecial" wrote in message
well, here's catch: I'm not really using a Gantt Chart, I'm misusing it to
accumulate an effect in $ or ‚¬

The data looks like this:
start "duration" end
187 -200 -13
-13 -50 -63
-63 25 38
138 -62 76

which would hopefully result in a graph like this:
-----------------
-------------------
-----
-----
etc.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

In order to start task2 where task1 ends you need to sum the values in
Task1.

Assuming Task1 information is in cells B4:D4 then the start date of Task2
in
cell B5 would be

=B4+C4+D4

And for more information on gantt charts see,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"theredspecial" wrote in
message
Dear all,

I've been able to produce a Gantt chart, sort of like I want it to be
by
using this macro: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213447. However I
need
do some tweaking:

I want task 2 to start where task 1 ended, etc. Somehow I'm not able to
figure it out

Thnx!
The Red Special