Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Smudge Smudge is offline

Default Problems using autofilter

That did the trick!

Thank you :-))
--
Smudge

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Autofilter, if left to its own devices, will stop at the first blank row.
Try highlighting the data that you want to filter before applying
Autofilter.

An alternative, though I don't recommend it, is to provide *links* across
blank rows even if it is only one cell with a space in it but I think that
this will eventually cause you grief.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Smudge" wrote in message
Hi

data is age in years and months. I've used text to columns to provide two
columns of data - A = years and B = months.

The data is not contiguous and I have been using autofilter on similar
spreadsheets to check blanks and #num etc so that I don't have to go
through
all data.

That's been working well until today when autofilter seems to be filtering
only part of the column until it reaches a blank cell.

could anyone tell me why it's doing this and if there is a fix.

Probably being dense but this was only supposed to be a small part of work
and now seems a major blockage aaaaghh

TIA
--
Smudge