Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rajula Rajula is offline

Default compare worksheets

Hi Dave,
The link below worked. THanks ..

Regards
Rajula

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Did you click on the Contact button and describe the problem for Chip? I'm sure
he'd want to know.

http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP

Rajula wrote:

Hi,

When i click on compare.xla, i get The page cannot be found error. Says this
page was removed.

Rajula

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It worked for me and I was redirected to:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.aspx

I still had to look for compare.xla.

Rajula wrote:

The link does not work.

Rajula

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier to just download it from the source?

Rajula wrote:

Hi Dave

Can you please mail me a copy of this compare add in?

Thanks
Rajula

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It works fine for me.

I'd try to get another copy.

Ivano wrote:

HI Dave,
Thanks for the suggestion but the compare.xla link doesn't work. Can I get
the add in anywhere else?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you wanted to look at a cell by cell comparison to compare two worksheets
cell by cell (A1 with A1, x99 with x99...), you could try this addin developed
by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm
look for compare.xla

If you think that a row or column was added or deleted, this kind of comparison
soon loses its effectiveness.

Ivano wrote:

Hi,
I have an excel file which is updated regularly and then a backup was made.
unfortunaltely the orginal as well as the backup have been updated. is there
a utility or formula etc. that I can compare the workboor or worksheets and
tell me which cells are different. I don't even need to know what the
differences are since I can do it manually, but that that would be nice.

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson

--