Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula

If you've got your list of 11883 or 30000 claims, alongside each put the
formula =RAND(). Alongside that use the formula
=PERCENTRANK(B$1:B$11883,B2) [assuming that your RAND values are in column
B] and copy down.
Select your data range including the new columns, and choose Data/
Auto-filter. In the column with the PERCENTRANK, choose custom, Less than
or equal to: 50%, or 30%, or whatever.
--
David Biddulph

"Noelline" wrote in message
I am not getting anywhere with the formulas already submitted, are ther any
other ways? I need to randomly select 50% of 11883 claims, sometimes it
might
be 30% of 30,000 claims, how can I do it in a simple way, I don't really
understand formulas.
--
NR