Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default Locking all but a few cells on a worksheet

Select the cells you do NOT want liked. Then click Format-Cells. Click the
Protection tab. Uncheck 'Locked' and click OK. Now protect your worksheet.

HTH,
Paul

--

"JC" wrote in message
Hey there,
I need to lock all cells in a worksheet except about 20...I select the
cells
I DON'T want to lock then go to ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet and check
"Select unlocked Cells" and enter my password...after i do that, i notice
that there are some cells I wanted locked that aren't locked and others
that
i didn't want locked, locked...is there somehting i'm doing wrong?