Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default general format

You can't, you can use a custom format like 00 and the left align format it
the regular way
or you can precede the entry with an apostrophe when you enter it

Peo Sjoblom

"chanceygardener" wrote in
message ...
I have a cell that is formated with general formating. it has a number in
it. the cell was populated using a brio query. it appears as 06 left
justified, as if it was formated using text but it is not. when I hit f2
change the number to 07 and then hit enter it appeares as 7 right
justified,
the way it should. Why does the data appear as 06 and how can I keep it
appearing with the leading 0 and left justified with general formating
after
I change it to a differ number?