Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Sum an array of vlookup values

Assuming your numbers are in column F, try this:

=SUMIF(F1:F100,"0",F1:F100)

for positive numbers, and

=SUMIF(F1:F100,"<0",F1:F100)

for the negative numbers.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 15, 5:24 pm, Impecunious wrote:
Hi,

I'm working with a set of descriptive values ("Superior" or "Fair",
among others) and I've used a separate sheet to assign a number to
each of these descriptive values. These numbers can range from
positive to negative, depending upon the descriptive value in question
("Superior" corresponds to 3, while "Poor" corresponds to -3). For a
given column of these descriptive values, I'd like to show two score
totals: one total that sums up all numbers that are positive, and
another total score that sums up all numbers that are negative.

I've tried to use combinations of SUM and VLOOKUP arrays, but I can't
get this to work within a single formula combination. Please help!

Thanks.