Michael

Thanks Guys
As always a great response.
Gord......yeah just a typo, don't what has caused the problem, but I have
taken the easy way out and adopted Garys suggestion and used his code.
Mine was going through sheet by sheet, so was going to be naturally slower.
Just what I need on an old Think Pad.

Regards
Michael

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Michael

Don't know if you have a typo or not, but proper syntax is....

Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'True

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:49:03 -0800, "Michael"
wrote:

Hi All
I have struck a situation that hasn't happened before.
I have a Macro running to Lock all Sheets in my workbook, (16 sheets in
total).
The Macro works fine except for screen updating.
I have put Screen Updating=False at the beginning of the macro &
Screen Updating = True at the end, but no matter what I try it still updates
the screens on the fly. Whilst this is not a major issue, I am using an old
Laptop and this really slows things down.
The syntax is Ok as it was typed in lower case and accepted by VB.
I have used this hundreds of times in the past with no problems.
Any advice would be appreciated

Regards
Michael