Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mac Mac is offline

Default MIN with name_range?

I just tested it with SUM(range_name) and it gives me the correct result,
MIN(range_name) still gives me a 0..now that's strange....

"Mac" wrote:

I thought it would work that way but it does not...in each of these four
cells there already is a MIN() formula (basically what I am doing is - I take
four data sets, then I want to MIN() the smallest number of each set, and
finally I want to MIN() the smallest number of these four); could this cause
a problem? the current MIN(range_name) shows 0, not even an error hint so it
seems to me it does not take the range_name parameter into account at all....

"Mike H" wrote:

Mac,

Select the cells you want in your named range by holding down the Ctrl key
and selecting them. Then:-

Insert|name|Define

name the selected range and formula such as =min(Myrange) should work.

Mike

"Mac" wrote:

I want the MIN function to work over a non-contiguous range, like R10C2,,
R10C10, R10C18, R10C24; can I use a name reange for this ( MIN(the
four_cells_range_name) )? So far it doesn't seem to work, however....