Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ean Wilson[_2_] Ean Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default How can can I enter 023023 in a cell without losing the first

Yes, that will work, but I understand the askers concern. Is there a way to
retain the beginning '0' and keep the cell in number format? There are MANY
reasons (at least for myself) that I need to be able to keep it in number
format. Yes, the leading '0' is absolutely necessary for me to retain.

"Mike H" wrote:

Put a ' in front or format the cell as text

Mike

"Frustrated" wrote:

Hi, does anybody know how I can enter the number 023023 in a cell without
automatically losing the first zero ?