Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default how do I get the columns to add up as I go along

Hi Lynne

Supposing you have Jan through to Dec in B1:M1, with Total in N1
In cell N2 enter
=SUM(B2:M2)

As you add figures into any of the month columns, the Total in column N will
reflect those figures
Copy the formula down column N as far as required.
The easiest way to do this is to use the "fill handle". Hover your cursor
over the bottom right of cell N2 after you have entered the formula, until a
small black cross appears. Left click and drag down as far as you require,
then release the mouse button. The formula will have been copied down and
adjusted to the new row numbers.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Lynne" wrote in message
I am working on a spread sheet for yearly figures but do not know how to
get
the columns to add up as I am going along. Could anyone please help with
this