Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Christian Christian is offline

Default Smart calculations with Excel?

Hi OssieMac,

thanks for the quick reply.
The project names are generated randomly(by the project managers and I work
on them until my share of work is done), but I could create a list of names
on the same sheet (or a different one) and keep it updated if new projects
would be added to my work portfolio.
What is the next step?
Kind Regards

Christian

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Christian,

Is the list of project names always drawn from a common list or are they
totally random names?

If they are drawn from a common list that can exist in the workbook
(preferrably on another worksheet) then your request is not too difficult to
achieve using the worksheet functions.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Christian" wrote:

I would like to find out,if it is possilbe to create a fomulate that will do :

I enter project names in a row (day name) that has a corresponding column (a
15min timeslot)

11:00 11:15 11:30 11:45 12:00 ....
Monday Alpha Beta Omega Alpha Delta
Tuesday Beta Beta Alpha ....

I would like to have the project displayed (in a separate result cell) that
occurs the most, hower I would like not to have a numerical value as a result
- I would like to have the porject name displayed. Furthermore in an another
result cell I would like to have the time calculated that I spent working on
that project (my 15 min.time slots).

Is it possible to design such a function without doing a UDF?
Kind Regards for all suggestions or recommendations.