Tricia S.

Thank you. A reply to another post lead me down the SUM(IF()) nested
functions which is working, but the SUMPRODUCT is much easier to read and
maintain than nested SUM(IF()). I'd like to change over to the SUMPRODUCT
function, however, I am unable to count where column B is empty (a value has
not yet been assigned to that row/column), but the other columns for that row
have values. I want to make sure not to count the blank rows at the bottom
of the spreadsheet.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100=1),--(F1:F100="Completed"))

--

HTH

RP

"Tricia S." <Tricia wrote in message
Iam using Excel 2003 and I am trying to count a row based on two criteria.
For example: I am trying to count all those rows where cell B has a value

of
"1" AND cell F has a value of "Completed".
The COUNTIF() function appears to only accept one group of parameters.
Using the COUNTIF() function twice in the cell with the + operator between
them appears to add those that qualify for each criteria and the "&"

appears
to be giving me results I have yet to figure out.

I am trying to build a summary table like below based on a worksheet with
many detail records (rows) in another worksheet in the same workbook:
Status Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 .... Level 10
Open 10 13 1 24
Started 9 7 3 18
Completed 5 9 12 11
Etc