Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Exclude zeros from series

Two points
1) In Tolls | Option Charts there is an setting for how missing data is to
be treated fro the currently selected chart.
2) You could use Conditional Formatting to hide #N/A but making the font the
same colour as the cell background
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Arch Stanton" wrote in message
. ..
I am using VBA in Excel 2003 to create charts using columns of data on a
spreadsheet as the chart source.

I have a dataset of numbers that range in the hundreds, but occasionally
one of the data points is zero. When I plot my data, the zero values make
my data plot take occasional dips down to the X axis, which looks peculiar
and distracts my users. I don't need the zero-value data; those data
points are useless to my users. Is there any way to tell VBA to use ranges
of data for the source of a chart but to ignore zero values?

I checked this thread for this question, and I guess I can use the =NA()
function, but I don't want that to appear on my spreadsheet (my users
won't know that's a zero value).

Thanks for any help.