Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Arch Stanton Arch Stanton is offline

Default Exclude zeros from series

I am using VBA in Excel 2003 to create charts using columns of data on a
spreadsheet as the chart source.

I have a dataset of numbers that range in the hundreds, but occasionally
one of the data points is zero. When I plot my data, the zero values
make my data plot take occasional dips down to the X axis, which looks
peculiar and distracts my users. I don't need the zero-value data; those
data points are useless to my users. Is there any way to tell VBA to use
ranges of data for the source of a chart but to ignore zero values?

I checked this thread for this question, and I guess I can use the =NA()
function, but I don't want that to appear on my spreadsheet (my users
won't know that's a zero value).

Thanks for any help.