Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Calculation using result from Index/Match

I don't see how this relates to the earlier question, and I'm not sure
how your question relates to your example numbers. Would you like to
add a bit more detail?

Pete

On Oct 13, 2:08 am, thrive wrote:
I am looking for some help. I have a column of numbers lets say
3
4
5
4
6
I know how to do a formula to find out if a number is greater than another
but how do I do a formula to ask if a cell is greater than another but not
less than another and then I also need to have another cell = the greater
amount??
--
thrive

"diaare" wrote:
Could someone please help me figure out what is going on here?

I have the following in a spreadsheet:

Cell BQ16 = 536 - a raw number
Cell BQ17 = 509 - correctly derived from the formula:
(=INDEX(HourlyData!$A$2:$Z$355,MATCH('Efficiency July-Dec
07'!BQ$3,ManpowerData!$A$2:$A$355,0),2)

In Cell BQ18 I have the formula =BQ17/BQ16 formatted as a percent - should
be 95% but it calculates 0%.

When I place this formula in BQ18 =BQ16/BQ17 I get the #DIV/0! error. Why?
I see 509 in BQ17, not zero. Why does excel think it is a zero?

Am I not able to do a calculation using a number in a cell generated by an
index match function? Or is this something else?

Thanks,
Diane- Hide quoted text -