Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Itzik Itzik is offline

Default System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259)

Hi ,

I put all steps, but I see that the title only posted.
I have ab add-in that I use many years. When I start it I get the Error.
"System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259)"
When clicking the help I see :
Excel Developer Home Visio Visio 2007 Automation Reference Visual
Basic for Applications Language Reference Visual Basic Language Reference
Error Messages
System error 'item'

After clicking ok I get :
"Out of memory"
Again help and :
Excel Developer Home Visio Visio 2007 Automation Reference Visual
Basic for Applications Language Reference Visual Basic Language Reference
Error Messages "Out of memory (Error 7)"
I spoke to the programer and said that it works ok in Excel 2007.

Hope it is clear now.

Please help.

itzik

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
It doesn't take an Enigma machine to decrypt the error message, just a
trip to www.cpearson.com/Excel/FormatMessage.aspx. That page has some VBA
code that wraps up the API functions to get the system-defined error text
for a Windows API error number (Err.LastDLLError, not Err.Number).

Unfortunately, this particular error number is like a VBA 1004 -- it
indicates only that *something* went wrong with no clue as to *what* went
wrong. The system text for this error number is "Unspecified error".
You'd think that MS would give better, more meaningful error numbers, none
of this generic crap. An error is a Long, so you have 4 billion different
values. They could have assigned a unique error number of every single
line of code in all of Windows and still have items left over.

I meant that the OP could have been more thorough in describing in which
situation the error occurred

Peo Sjoblom