Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default 2D Chart - x scale label displays wrong

A chart series can accommodate 32000 points, so that's not the problem. I
suspect your problem may be with bad data, such as non-numerical data
(numbers stored as text, etc.).

What I asked wasn't "does it work as an XY chart?", but "HOW does it work as
an XY chart?". Could you describe how it fails in an XY chart?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Bill Carson" wrote in message
oups.com...
NO - can't get it to work as an XY chart either. Is it possible I
have gone over the limit for a chart with 1050 values? Would badly
formatted data cause the problem? I have looked and looked at the data
and don't see anything. Is there any macro that will check data or
charts for errors?

I am wondering if I should update my Excel with the Microsoft updates
to see if it would make a difference? This is getting to be very
frustrating.

B.C.