Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Adding Fractions of a Second

And G'day to You.

Try this:-

=A3+VALUE("0:0:0.15")

Assuming that A3 is a time and the cell with the formula is also formatted
to time.

Regards,

OssieMac

"build" wrote:

G'day Ossie,
Good name! You must be a great bloke. Ossie Ossie Ossie Oi Oi Oi. LOL
If I enter 1:26.493 and 0:00.150 in cells and add them it works well.
However if I want to do that in a formula I need to use =A3+TIME(0,0,0.15)
and that does not work.
Is that a bit clearer?

Thanks again in anticipation,
build

"OssieMac" wrote in message
I think that your problem might be in the way you are entering the times.
All
times must be entered as h:m:s.0 etc. If you want to enter .15 seconds
then
enter it as 0:0:0.15.

You can set the format to display only minutes and seconds but you must
enter the hour when entering the value.

Regards,

OssieMac

"build" wrote:

G'day All,
I have a table of times in the format m:ss.000 i.e.
1:26.072
1:26.493
1:26.556
1:26.755

I want to add fractions of a second to these times. i.e. 1:26.072 +
0:00.15
I have tried the TIME() function but it does not work with fractions of a
second.

Thanking you in anticipation,
build