Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Adding Fractions of a Second

What I said before is semi right in that it will work. I just tested it and
you can enter just the minutes and seconds when you have a decimal after the
seconds. Example:-
1:26.15 is 1m 26.15secs and can be entered this way.

However, if you enter 1:26 then that becomes 1hr 26mins.

If you just enter .15 then that converts to 3hrs 36 mins.

0:0.15 is .15secs.

Regards,

OssieMac

"OssieMac" wrote:

I think that your problem might be in the way you are entering the times. All
times must be entered as h:m:s.0 etc. If you want to enter .15 seconds then
enter it as 0:0:0.15.

You can set the format to display only minutes and seconds but you must
enter the hour when entering the value.

Regards,

OssieMac

"build" wrote:

G'day All,
I have a table of times in the format m:ss.000 i.e.
1:26.072
1:26.493
1:26.556
1:26.755

I want to add fractions of a second to these times. i.e. 1:26.072 + 0:00.15
I have tried the TIME() function but it does not work with fractions of a
second.

Thanking you in anticipation,
build