Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default intersect named range in different workbook

Checking whether two ranges intersect has nothing to do with determining a cell value.
Also, for two ranges to intersect they must be on the same sheet.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Jason"
wrote in message
Hi,
I am trying to check if a value is in a named range on a different
workbook. I have created a named range in the current workbook that is
linked to a named range in a different workbook, but when I try to execute
the following function all I get is an error (Run-time error '1004':
Method 'Range ' of object '_Global' failed.

Function WithinJobRange(TA As Range) As Boolean
If Application.Intersect(ActiveSheet.Range("TA"),_
Workbooks("Calculations.xlsm").Sheets(29).Range("J obs")) Is Nothing
Then
WithinJobRange = False
Else
WithinJobRange = True
End If
End Function

I have also tried, with the same results:

Function WithinJobRange(TA As Range) As Boolean
If Application.Intersect(Range("TA"), Range("Jobs")) Is Nothing Then
WithinJobRange = False
Else
WithinJobRange = True
End If
End Function

and

Function WithinJobRange(TA As Range) As Boolean
If Application.Intersect(TA, Range("Jobs")) Is Nothing Then
WithinJobRange = False
Else
WithinJobRange = True
End If
End Function

which has a similar error (Run-time error '1004': Method 'Intersect' of
object '_Application' failed)

Any idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks,
Jason