Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel If Then Question

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
.Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")
End If
End With
End If
ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is worksheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste into that sheet module.

When an entry is made in A1:A100, B will get a fixed date/time which does not
change unless you edit an A cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:21:40 -0700, "
wrote:

Follow up question. When I make an entry into A1, then B1 populates
with date/time stamp, which is what I want. However, when I make an
entry into A2, then B2 puts in a date/time stamp BUT it also changes
B1 to that date and time. How can I make it so that column B (and
subsequent columns) does not change with each new entry in column A?