Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Help with LEFT function

The second parameter in RIGHT is the number of characters to take, not
the characters to ignore. I think you want something like:

=VLOOKUP(RIGHT($I17,6),Data!$A:$P,2, FALSE)

If you wanted to do it the other way round, you could search for

=VLOOKUP("000"&Data!A1, etc

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 12, 7:04 pm, Cam wrote:
Hello,

I got two sheets on the same file. Sheet1 has column with numeric/ general
data with 3 leading zero in the beginning, ex: 000123456.
Sheet2 is a template with column same data except only six digits 123456. I
did a Vlookup to compare this column and output the other column.
My formula is:
=VLOOKUP(RIGHT($I17,3),Data!$A:$P,2, FALSE)

But it is not outputing the data instead shown "#N/A".
What I attend to do is compare the last 6 digits, if match return the
corresponding value in column 2. Thanks