Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default compareing 2 columns

Ah well, maybe you have spaces at the end of 1406 or 14061 - if so use
TRIM to get rid of them.

Pete

On Oct 12, 6:01 pm, "tomi12619" <tomi12619@laptop wrote:
Thank you Pete.
Well, it is still not works but maybe somehow I gonna try it in this way.

You could try something like this in C1:

=IF(A1&"1"=B1,"OK","Wrong!!")

then copy down and apply the filter to choose OK, then Edit | Delete
Row.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 11, 7:35 am, Tamas Konczer wrote:
A B C
1406 14061 OK
1407 14071 OK
1407 587 Wrong!!
1426 . Wrong!!
1426 1426 Wrong!!

the first row 1406=1406+1 is correct logically. Other values, strings
are bad. I would like to delete the OK things.

Column C: well, I would like to do this...

On Oct 10, 11:44 pm, Pete_UK wrote:

Well, please explain again what you are trying to do.

Pete

On Oct 10, 5:33 pm, "tomi12619" <tomi12619@laptop wrote:

I does not work properly. In column B I have the +1 values such as

1406 14061
1407 14071

but sometimes wrong things like

1408 1408
1408 .C

You could enter a formula like this in C1:

=IF(A1=B1,"ok","delete")

and then copy down for as many values as you have. Then use Data |
Filter | Autofilter, and on the drop-down in column C select "delete".
Highlight all the visible rows and click on Edit | Delete Row. Remove
the filters and delete column C.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 9, 10:40 pm, "tomi12619" <tomi12619@laptop wrote:
Hi
I would like to compare 2 columns values. the "+1" is still value. For example there are 1406 in column A and 14061 in column B in this case the whole row should be deleted from the workbook.

Is there a way to do it with a macro?- Hide quoted text -