Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
boosbrde boosbrde is offline

Default Need an =if statement

Sorry, I am at work, and got interrupted when I posted this...just
realized I forgot an important element, it should say:

If any cell in column D on the Order List equals potatos add the
number in the corresponding cell in column D here
in this cell in the summary sheet, and if it doesn't equal it, just
ignore it.

On Oct 12, 10:25 am, boosbrde wrote:
Ok,
Here's what I tried (one of various) =SUMPRODUCT(=if'Order List'!
D2:D50=potatos),(D2:D50="Potato"),(C2:C50)

I think I must have misunderstood the formula you are showing me,
because it didn't work. It says the formula I typed contains an
error. I have to admit, I'm not very experienced with formulas, just
basic stuff. My mind tells me the formula should (more or less) say:

If any cell in column D on the Order List equals potatos add it here
in this cell in the summary sheet, and if it doesn't equal it, just
ignore it.

and, that I should be able to use the same formula (changing names of
course) for the other products. The problem is, I really don't know
how to write it in language excel will understand.....

On Oct 12, 2:18 am, JLatham <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis)
wrote:

Perhaps this 'hint' will give you a start, this assumes values in rows 1
through 4, change as required. It gives the total of all "Potato" entries in
the range (word in D, quantity in C)
=SUMPRODUCT(--(D1:D4="Potato"),C1:C4)

there is almost always some help to be had at
HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com
remove those spaces - if you really want help.

" wrote:
What I need is to be able to add the units of each product seperately
in the Summary sheet, and get percentages. Essentially I need to be
able to tell the Summary sheet the following: If any cell Column D in
the Order List Sheet = Potatos (or cookies, coffee, meat..etc), then
add the number in Column C in the corresponding cell to the "running
total". Note: Column D cells are a dropdown list (of various products)
tied to the Summary page

I have a sample spreadsheet I can show if it would help.

ANY HELP would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.....as I have been working on
this for over a week (off and on)- Hide quoted text -