Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
ArtaSS ArtaSS is offline

Default Excel 2007 and OLAP problem

Hi

We have SQL Analysis 2000 running with four databases (db1,db2,db3,db4).
Each database has a number of cubes in it. If I try to connect to any of the
cubes residing in databases db2, db3 and db4 I get this message:

Excel was unable to get necessary information about this cube. The cube
might have been reorganized or changed on the server.

All cubes are properly processed. And furthermore if I try the same thing
with Excel 2003 everything works.

If I do following with Excel 2007 it also works: On sheet1 connect to db1
any cube, then go to sheet2 and then connect to any cube in db2, db3 or db4,
it works.
It is a bit awkward workaround. Have anyone solved this problem.

Thanks