mike

Default How do I take data entries and assign them to specific cells that.

How do I take a data entry and assign it to a cell that matches its catagory.
For instance I have a log for home expenses. in this log I have several
catagoies of data like home depot, ikea, etc...., on the side of log I have a
summary of catagories that adds up all the different amounts to give me one
monthly total.

To make things easier I would like to mark each individual entry so I can
send that amount to the cell that totals each catagory.

any suggestions, love to figuere this out.
mike