Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
arno[_2_] arno[_2_] is offline

Default VLOOK UP

I have used VLOOKUP but in few cells it is giving me #N/A in result. I have
noticed that if i change value in a cell from e.g. 111533 to '111533 it
solves the problem

your matrix has numbers in format of text. the value you search is a number
= N/A, if you change it to a text with ' = it works. that's normal.

you should have the same format on both sides, you must have the same format
in the matrix (you have text). so, you have to change the lookup value from
number to text with text(a1,"#"), like

=vlookup(text(a1,"#"), matrix, column, false)

or you make sure that you matrix contains numbers (change data import,
sql-statement, whatever)

arno