Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Quovardis via OfficeKB.com Quovardis via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Lookup with Multiple results

Hi,

Im using Lookup to find a date in one column then return a value in the same
row but different column:

=LOOKUP(DATE(2007,10,10),$K$64,$B$64)

This works well but my problem is that I have the same instance of the same
date in the same column but the return value is different every time....e.g

Column B Column K
White 2007/10/10
Red 2007/10/9
Blue 2007/10/10
Black 2007/09/5

I want to be able to view for instance White & Red in A1:A2 for instance.
I may have 20 instances of the correct date so I have to return 20 results in
different rows of the same column.

How can I set up the 20 Row cells to individually pick up a result if it
exists.

The other big problem comes because the data comes from an updatable DB and
when I extract the data i dont know exactly how many matching dates im going
to have.

I hope someone can help with this as I cant find anything that helps.