Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RobN[_2_] RobN[_2_] is offline

Default No Text Highlight in Excel ??

You can also do it by selecting that part of the text directly in the cell.

Rob

"OssieMac" wrote in message
Hi Ean,

Select the cell where you want the color highlighting and then in the
formula bar at the top select just that part of the text you want to color
and set the color as you would for the entire cell.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Ean Wilson" wrote:

In Microsoft Word you can color highlight text. In Excel you can't? In
Excel I can only find where to highlight the cell, but I don't want the
whole
cell highlighted. I just want the portion of text highlighted. I'll be
utterly shocked if Excel can't do a simple text highlight.

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2007 btw.